Parents and Skaters are expected to abide by Club Rules of the Ice & Club Etiquette as outlined below.
1. You are judged by your actions, your words, and your appearance. Good manners reflect well on everyone, including the club. Please make it a priority.
2. Treat others the way YOU would like to be treated. ALL CLUB MEMBERS ARE EQUAL, regardless of skating level, age, or ability. Treat other club members with respect and they will return the attitude.
3. Skaters are not allowed to chew gum, eat candy or food etc. on the ice for safety reasons.
4. There will be zero tolerance for foul language and inappropriate subject matter for minors in the dressing rooms, on-ice and in the lobby.
5. IF YOU FALL, YOU SHOULD GET UP RIGHT AWAY! For safety reasons, you should never lay on the ice unless you are injured, and immediate assistance is needed.
6. Skaters must leave the ice immediately when the siren sounds.
7. Coaches should be spoken to using their proper names as a form of respect, unless they specifically request otherwise (e.g. Miss, Ms., Mrs., Mr.).
8. Dressing rooms and other areas of the arena must be left clean. If you bring food, please dispose of the refuse or other garbage in the garbage cans provided.
9. All skaters should ask permission to leave the ice. If your coach is unavailable, you should ask another coach.
10. Standing around socializing during sessions is not acceptable. All SDFSC coaches have the right to speak to any skater if they are not following the rules!
11. Watch out for skaters having a lesson. Never skate between a skater and their coach.
12. Coaches have priority requesting music for a lesson.
13. The skater who is having their music played has the RIGHT OF WAY. You must move out of their way!
14. Gossiping about fellow skaters, Coaches, Board Members, or other families, is unacceptable and is harmful to the well being of our club.
15. A parent, Coach, or designated adult should always be present. No child should be left alone in a public place!
South Dumfries Figure Skating Club employs a “Three Strikes Policy” with respect to all of our policies related to code of conduct/ice etiquette, ethics, bullying and harassment, outlined as follows:
• If the skater has been spoken to by a coach and or a board member regarding any situation, it will be written down and maintained in club records.
• If a skater must be spoken to a second time, their parents will be notified, and it will be documented and maintained in club records.
• After three written concerns, parents will be asked to meet with the board, where both parties will come to an agreed upon solution.
• Breach of this agreed upon solution, may result in disciplinary actions by the Board of Directors, including removal from the club.
Thank you for your cooperation! By following these rules, everyone will have a more enjoyable experience.